Friday, April 15, 2011

Just Tonight ~ The Pretty Reckless



I love love love The Pretty Reckless! Despite what people say, and despite my own reservations, I still think that Taylor Momsen is so awesome ~ was totally willing to go see her UK debut gig in London this time last year but didn't...because no one else was keen and I was too much of a wimp to go on my own hah. There was also the small matter of exams looming up but that's by the bye.

Didn't come across this song until today via an article on spin.com which was linked through her band's Facebook page. Apparently it's been out since November. Huh. Anyway, I fell in love with this song as soon as I heard and saw the video, which opens with Taylor walking down a corridor in a rather skin-tight red dress. I'm expecting a hell of a lot of rock and roll, but instead, the scene and mood quickly switches to something more sombre and serious, and boy does it work. We get a love ballad full of rich chords, minor suspensions, and angst, angst, angst, all to the sound of her lovely velvety voice. MMMMM. Not only that, but the video is a gothic dream ~ it's dripping in gothic trappings: blood, bloody roses, a jilted lover, and such beautiful dresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment