Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Heartless ~ The Fray (Kanye West Cover)



I never thought I'd listen to The Fray ~ they were one of those bands that I'd avoided for being a bit alternative, but hadn't really done any research into them at all and so didn't really have a good reason to not listen to them other than a misjudged prejudice. Someone put this song on during the celebration of Rob's birthday in my room, and so I've been listening to it a lot today, finding myself strangely drawn in by the melancholy air of this cover. Checked out the original, and I have to say that this version is MUCH better, so much so that I decided to give this band a chance, and found that I have actually heard one of their songs before and even know some of the lyrics. Ohmydays. As they've been around since 2002, this is not really a 'new' discovery, but simply me giving them a chance and realising that I do like them indeedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment