Thursday, April 14, 2011

Changed The Way You Kiss Me ~ Example (Mensah Remix)



Came across this ditty via the Facebook dubstep page two weeks ago ~ apparently this remix is better than the original version, hah, who would've thought. Love the orchestral introduction, and the lack of beat at the start ~ the build up to the drop is worth the wait, although the drop/beat does get a bit too repetitive after a while. About two minutes twenty seconds in, there's a bit of variety with a new build up of SFX as the song progresses ~ keeps it kinda light and not too heavily populated by bass beats.

In terms of lyrics, I really like the line: "I guarantee you miss me, cuz you changed the way you kiss me", so much so that I've used a modified version of it in one of my creative writing stories hehe. The line: "I need a new funfair" was also pretty nice, and although I like the lyrics, they weren't that interesting as they loop around a lot in this remix.

I've never been afraid of the highest heights,
or afraid of flying I
I've never been afraid of the wildest fights,
not afraid of dying
But now I want off this ride cause your scaring me,
and I don't like where we're going
I need a new funfair, cause your scaring me,
and I don't like where we're going.

And now you're gonna miss me,
I know you're gonna miss me,
I guarantee you miss me
Cause you changed the way you kiss me.

Listened to it today, and gotta say that it sounds so much better now that I have my bass and speakers set up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment