Wednesday, May 25, 2011

[DLOAD] Candy Shop ~ 50 Cent (full band funk cover)



I remember this song coming out and being reeeeally controversial. But at that time, I didn't know why. Thinking about it, I don't think I'd even listened to the song so had no idea what the original sounded like. Came across this one when going through my sudden jazz/big band phase a few weeks ago.

Right, so now I know what it's about.

Anyway, this version is pretty cool in it's own right, and after listening to the original, I have to conclude that this version is in fact much better than the original. Dun dun dun.

There's something just so relaxed and laidback about this version with the rhythm and the delivery of the vocals. And whatever message it is sending out to the masses, this version definitely achieves it better in terms of musicality than the real version.

Download available here: http://soundcloud.com/xavier-smith/candy-shop-50-cent-tmme-cover

No comments:

Post a Comment